UMFF 2023 Schedule
Young Urban Mediamakers (YUMs) | Ages 11-18
We are training and supporting the next generation of content creators and storytellers. Young Urban Mediamakers of the Urban Mediamakers is a group of middle and high school students ages 11-18 who are interested in the film/TV industry. Urban Mediamakers Film Festival and programs give African, African-American, Black, Asian, Hispanic, Latinx storytellers an opportunity to showcase their artistry, compete with peers, hone their skills through educational series and interact with public supporters of independent storytelling.
Submit Your Middle and High School Films today!
Submissions NOW OPEN for 2023. | Submit your middle and high school project today!
get your tickets to Videopalooza 2021
Young Urban Mediamakers Videopalooza Showcase - Saturday, October 14, 2023 - FREE and In-Person| Live Voting | Get Tickets
YUMs Videopalooza IN-PERSON AND ONLINE - in 2023
Competition Feature Date: Saturday, October 14, 2023
Join us for a showcase of some projects competing in Videopalooza 2023 on Saturday, October 14th.
Videopalooza 2021 Official Selections
- Blossom directed by Tyson Ronon Skinker – Documentary Short (United States)
- Echoes from Lock One directed by Branda Miller – Documentary Short (United States)
- Mama directed by Mackenna Mondo – Documentary Short - High School (United States)
- Perennial directed by Grace Shao, Shailee Sankhala – Documentary Short - High School (United States)
- Princess Emma directed by Alanna Crouch, Keira Crouch – Short (United Kingdom)
- Suburbia directed by Daniel Lee – Experimental Short (United States)
- Time, Short directed by Eunice Shin – Short (United States)
- Youth on BLM directed by Ayana Ahuja – Documentary Short (United States)
UMF 2023 Festival Spotlight
Celebrating black sci-fi, fantasy, horror and gaming. Get Free Tickets
Connection:Urban PitchFest 2023
Up close with industry professionals. Get Free Tickets
Writers:UMFF 2023 Live Script Competition